Saturday, September 11, 2004

We Must Always Remember

We Must Never Forget

Every single night I come home so late and tell myself that it is time to post, yet when it gets down to it it never seems to happen. I want to do better though because there is something about writing on here that is slightly theraputic. I would say its a good thing that I am so busy, college is all about being social and I certainly feel like I am doing enough of that. From this point on I will commence describing my life in college. Because that is what you keep coming back for right?

There are so many things that are unique about the BYU college expereience, and the things that we dream up to do (instead of throwing back shot glasses and lighting up) are probably the biggest difference. Things like spying on the girl next door as her boyfriend drops her off, getting Maverick Yo-Cream (95 cents!) every night, and feeling slightly guilty when we realize that its 1:00 in the morning and we still have boys in the apartment. Big emphasis on the word "slightly".
Here are a few things that we have done the past few weeks.

As I tell you this story I wish I had never revealed my identity at the risk of someone in my apt. complex being angry with me.
In our apartment complex many of the girls have the annoying habit of not knowing how to park in-between the lines. I would think they would have learned something about lines when they were in Kindergarden. Isnt that when you were told that its best to stay inside them? Many times when I come home at night I will have to skip past 5 or 6 spots because I cant fit The Regal in without scractching off some paint. After a few nights with this I was so fed up that I came up with a plan. I took post-it notes, and in the wierdest handwriting I could muster wrote "Try parking in-between the lines next time". I took the huge thing of vaseline that I have and two of my roommates came outside with me as the diversion. They stood in the middle of the parking lot and danced while I smeared globs of vaseline underneath peoples car door handles. We made sure to leave each person a nice little note to let them know why this dreadful thing had happened to them. I think it worked pretty well because as near as I have seen there haven't been any more problems. Yesterday we saw one of the worst offenders with drips of melted vaseline down the side. Sucker.

As I mentioned we had been getting Yo-Cream from Maverick lately, almost every night. This stuff is amazing 95 cent fat-free ice cream, and the best part is that you can fill your cone up as high as you want. Sometimes we even get refills. If you have a Maverick near you, I reccomend that you give it a try yourself.

Lately our apartment has become "The place" to hang out. Last night there were about 20 people eating Lucky Charms, playing spoons, watching friends, and playing DDR. Most of this at the same time as well. I still dont really know anyone in our ward but I am getting there.

Last night was Fall Fest and I thought it went really good. I was the chair for the X-Box station, and other than the speakers blowing out, everything pretty much went off wihtout a hitch. DDR was pretty popular, and it was awesome to watch some of the really good people. I would love to be that good, but I dont necessarily want to be playing so much that I get there. I didnt get to see the rest of Fall Fest because I had to stay with the X-Xbox stuff the whole time, but I didnt feel like I missed out too much, and I still had a lot of fun. I did have to tell some boys that they couldn't play Halo, which I hated, but its BYU so what did they expect?


No comments:

 
Who links to me?