Sunday, October 09, 2005

Another email excerpt

I keep including these because its easier to let you know whats going on through the emails that I send than when I try to write up a post.

Ifrom you. I loved getting own letter this time, not a mass email, which is always so much nicer. Tonight I was carving pumpkins with my friend Katie Shirley (now Katie Apker, but I hate calling her by her new last name) and I attached my finished project. Pretty much the only time that I get crafty during the year is at Halloween, so I am always very proud of my pumpkins. Freshman year I carved a ballerina, and last year I carved Marilyn Monroe and a Witch (not on the same pumpkin, at different times). But those were all done from patterns, and this year I broke out the big guns and came up with my own idea. And as you can tell I am very very proud of it. I think I am going to try carving watermelons next summer.

My life is insane right now. To put it lightly. I don't think I ever told you that I have an 80's club on campus, but I do, and so I spent the week manning a booth on Wednesday and Friday, and then manning my XBOX at Friday Night Live last night. It was really fun, and its fun having a club, but I don't think I realized how much work it would be. More than anything I just wanted to see if I could even get one started. Now I think I want to see how large I can get my member base to be, because there were alot of people who couldn't believe I would do this when I started. I now have 60 "members" but that really means I have had 50 people put their name down on the email list (or else I know them and made them be on the email list)

Next week I am in charge of the Baby Pageant that BYUSA puts on during Homecoming, and it is such a huge mess. We hardly have anyone signed up, and I am thinking that tomorrow or Monday I am going to have to go through Wymount and Wyview and knock individually on peoples doors and ask them to sign up. I love doing this, but sometimes its so frustrating working with volunteers because I have had so many people fall through on their responsibilities. But I just have to remember that maybe this isn't as important to them as it is to me, and maybe they are as busy as I am, something I usually find highly unlikely. Oh now I am just being mean.

I am in danger of failing my Italian class again, and it is really starting to stress me out. I sometimes wonder if things would be better if I took some time off from school or something, I don't know. My sister informed me today that she thinks I am going to be married soon, because of the things that my Patriarchal blessing talked about. LOL I told her that I was just about as far from marriage as a person can get.

Catering is awesome, and their is chance that I will be promoted next week. They are really overbooked as far as banquets all of the time, and right now they are desperate for captains right during the times that I am available. I am a little nervous about the idea of being promoted, its a big responsibility, but it is something that I have wanted for awhile now. I know I would make a really good captain though. Catering has over 40 banquets scheduled for next Friday during Homecoming, and I don't know how we are going to get it all done. I have heard rumors about members of the First Presidency coming during that Football game, and I am hoping they are true, because otherwise I guess they come during the Thanksgiving football game and I think I am going to go home for that one. I served the First Presidency a few weeks ago though, and when I served President Monson's table he shook my name and asked me my name and where I was from. It was amazing to be in the presence of someone like that. Yes, catering does have its perks, other than the free food of course.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?