Thursday, December 13, 2007

Finals and Snafu's

The stress of finals hit me full force during my creative writing class tonight. I thought I was going to have to leave the room I felt so sick. It came after I computed the grades I had received in the class so far, and the grades I expect to receive on what I finished tonight, and the the whole thing did not leave me feeling very chipper. I realized that I have to pull a pretty fantastic grade on my final paper to get an A in the class, and I am disappointed in myself. I stupidly passed up on 10 easy points today when I didn't take advantage of a simple extra credit opportunity, instead choosing to waste my time on Weddingbee and Facebook. I feel hesitantly good about the paper that I turned in tonight, and I will most likely receive an A in the class, but I don't like that I have to be worrying about it. I worked so hard in that class, never turning anything in late, and honestly giving my full effort on every single assignment.

I am starting to hate the subjectivity of the English major because I think I have given a strong effort in every single class so far and there are still a few where I am fighting so hard to scrounge up every point possible to get an A. Is there no such thing as taking it easy for me?

I have 5 finals next week. 1 take home, very easy, all I have to do is put in the time. The other three are what have me worried though. A comprehensive exam about "The Divine Comedy" (which is a 400 level class), a comprehensive exam in Grammar (which I am still really terrible at), a comprehensive exam in my Fundamentals of Literary Interpretation class, and a comprehensive exam in Folklore. I shouldn't be that worried about Folklore, but the entire class is only worth 275 points and so every single point counts if I want to get an A.

Overall it is going to be a stressful, sleepless, overeating filled finals week. Whenever it starts to feel like too much I think about how I am going to be in Texas in 2 weeks and I start to feel a little bit better again. The BF just seems to have that effect on me.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?