Saturday, May 10, 2008

Cheesy Soy Spinach Casserole


I'm lucky to have a boyfriend who is interested in eating healthy, because I get to experiment with all of these crazy healthy recipes that might make some boys blanch and cry out "meat and potatoes please!". We are both making a huge effort to eat healthier, and it sometimes feels risky when I am making things with crazy ingredients that I would usually disdain, like soy, but this dish turned out really delicious and we both loved how much protein the soy provided without being overloaded with fat. I absolutely cannot figure out where this recipe came from. This is probably a hint that I need to be a little more organized in my recipe browsing. Maybe I made it up myself? Yeah, that's unlikely.

This recipe was so incredibly easy, I promise even the most accident prone cook can handle it.



Cheesy Soy Spinach Casserole

Ingredients:
1 package soy meat (I used Morning Star Meal Starters)
1 package frozen chopped spinach
1 can premade crescent rolls
1/2 tub of laughing cow light cheese
1 oz Athenos Reduced fat feta

Directions:
Defrost soy meat in the microwave, set aside. Defrost spinach in the microwave, set aside. Lay 1/2 of the crescent rolls in the bottom of a greased glass pan and put in oven to brown. Add spinach, soy, laughing cow, and feta to frying pan on stovetop. Warm and mix together until nice and gooey. Pull browned crescent rolls out of oven and add soy/spinach mixture on top. Lay the rest of the crescent rolls on top of this (buy an extra package if you want to have a crust of rolls that covers the entire casserole). Cook until rolls on top are brown. Serve immediately.

Nutrition Information
Serving Size: 4 oz
Calories: 151
Fat: 7 g
Sat Fat: 2g
Poly Fat: 1g
Mono Fat: 1g
Cholestorol: 5mg
Sodium: 453 mg
Potassium: 128 mg
Carbohydrate: 12g
Fiber: 2g
Protein: 9g


No comments:

 
Who links to me?