Monday, December 27, 2004

Its official. I have finally decided on a major and there is no changing my mind now. I will never understand when people say "oh don't worry about it, you are young and can change your mind a hundred times" I hate hearing that and I think its the worst advice I have ever heard. I want to get settled into something and go after it, I want to pursue something and never look back. It's funny that I decided on PR because communications was what I originally thought that I would enjoy in high school, unfortunately I got distracted by all of the other fun options at the Y.

My problem isnt that I can't find something that I like, its that I think I would love so many things and I can't make myself settle on one thing. I think I would really enjoy Dietetics, I would love film, and I think I would even enjoy psychology. Photography would be amazing and Fitness and Wellness would be great. It's time for me to face reality though and decide where I am going to start taking my life. The nice thing about PR is that I know I will really enjoy it and BYUSA will give me such great credentials. So I am signed up for Comms 235, and I will hopefully get into Comms 101 and 211 sometime soon. The beginning of a new semester always gets me excited and I am ready to take on the challenge of a new school year. Most students look at the syllabus at the beginning of the year and feel a sense of dread at all the work that is ahead of them, but honestly I just get excited about all of the opportunities that I am going to have.

Its not writing for a newspaper that interests me, its running and managing programs. Campus activities is perfect for me, and I hope to be an ED next year; which means I will have to do a killer job on the talent show.

The one thing that bothers me about communications is that it seems to be a copout major. Students will say "I can't think of what I want to do with my life so I will just go into communications." I think that is why I resisted the major for so long, but my parents feel really strongly that it would be good for me and that in the end it would be something that I could really enjoy. I guess I am more of a Type A person than I ever imagined.

The holiday's were good for me. The same old routine, but I like it that way. My parents spoiled me with a brand new video camera, which I hope to put to good use this semester.

I think I found the perfect job. When I get it I will let you all know.

Question of the Day-What was the best Christmas present you got this year?

Answer-Probably the Hollywood watch the my Grandma got for me (that my mom found!)

No comments:

 
Who links to me?