Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Amidst a Tangled Web and Sunrise Sunset

Luckily, Nick Carter does not regret the Paris tatoo that he got around his wrist. Someone remind me again why anyone gets a tatoo of their boyfriends/girlfriends name branded upon themselves? I want to do a case study on the percentage of people who end up regretting this in the long run.

I just discovered two bands that I really enjoy. The Sounds, a rock group from Sweden, and The Walkmen, whose song "We've Been Had" reminds me of a merry-go-round and is on constant repeat on iTunes right now.

How does anyone survive without a Google Toolbar? I use mine everytime I sit down at the computer. If you dont have one you should test it out. Plus it blocks popups. I have bloked 739 so far. I could develop tendonitis from clicking the x so many times.

Movies I plan on seeing within the next two weeks at the dollar theatre. Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story, 13 Going On 30, Mean Girls, Raising Helen, The Day After Tommorow, and The Best Two Years.

Why didnt anyone tell me I could be the Queen of Karaoke?

I went tanning today, and I decided that I could really use this drug. I cant understand why some girls really like the tingle factor, I dont like feeling like I am sunburned. I do look darker than I usually do without it though. Beauty is pain.

Met up with a friend again yesterday, and I am having mixed feelings about it. I dont know why I spend alot of time with this person, because instead of feeling happier and better about myself when I am around them, I feel worse. Why do I put myself through this torture? I have come to the conclusion that it is slightly out of pity.

Because I changed my shipping address, the modchip I ordered got sent down here instead of going to my house. Now I will have to pay to have it shipped back up to Washington, but its not too bad because I got a job yesterday. I am working at the Tennis Club at Gold's Gym, and I was really excited about it until I talked to this boy at the saffords who works at the club stringing rackets, and he said its a terrible job. I feel like I need to try it out, but I am worried I passed up a great opportunity by not interviewing with Curves. Since I want to specialize in Women's Studies, I am thinking that Curves would have been a more future oriented place to work. But at Gold's I will be around people my age, and maybe get them to give me some free lessons from a cute instructor. Plus it cant possibly be any worse than getting up at 3 AM to work at 10 hour day in 90 degree weather out in the cherry orchards. Maybe this boy is just too spoiled. I will keep reminding myself that after working in the cherries, I swore that I would like any job that didnt mean I would have to be sticky or dirty, and I am thinking that working there wont involve either of those.

Website of the Day-Sunrise Sunset
At this site, you can make a personalized calendar for your area detailing exactly when twilight, sunrise, sunset, twilight, moon rise, and moon set are. As someone who has developed a mild obsession with the sunrise and sunset, I find this site very fun and useful. Hopfeully I put it to good use sometime.

Blog of the Day-Amidst a Tangled Web
Run by-Dan Hersam
Subject and why you should visit-This guy has been blogging since 1998, so he must know a thing or too about having good posts. All of his links are really interesting and sometimes outright funny. He is also a very good writer, which makes his posts really easy to read.
Favorite entry-The scamming of a scammer

No comments:

 
Who links to me?