Friday, January 25, 2008

Midsummer Nights Dream

I saw Midsummer Nights Dream on Wednesday night with Heather and I can't say enough good things about it! It is a slight re-interpretation of Shakespeare's work, but I like the idea of taking a concept and putting a fresh spin on it. The theme is colonialism, and the setting is Latin America.
When Bottom has his head turned into that of an Ass, is has this "Brazilianesque" look to it.

I loved the Athenian costumes! Heather did a play with Genna (laying on the ground in this picture) and so it was fun to watch her. She did a great job!

I have to write a report on it, and luckily it was a great play with a lot for me to attempt to interpret and analyze. This play made me wish that I had an All-Arts Pass. I want to go to more plays!

No comments:

 
Who links to me?