Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Narcissistic. Am I?

I have never been able to understand people who say that they don't have anything to write about. I always have so many things to write about that my post's page is filled with un-finished drafts that I never get to finishing. I think the difference between those who write often and those who don't think they have anything to write about is that the frequent writers are narcissistic enough to believe that somewhere in the Universe there exists people who actually care what they are writing about. When I really think about it, it is a little bit conceited to think that there are people who care about the mundane happenings in my life.

Except to me, they aren't mundane! I am living life at a break-neck speed right now and I can barely keep up with everything that is happening. To give you an idea.

If I thought last semester was hard, I was kidding myself. I was somehow really smart in choosing my class schedule last semester and it was a nice transition into being an upper-classmen. Now I am gasping for breath, feeling like I must be the dunce in all of my classes (and that all of my classmates and my professor must have caught on by now).

I am getting a new professor in my Shakespeare class next period. We haven't had our class be taught by Dr. Christiansen yet, and sadly she is sick enough that she is not going to teach the class at all. We are getting a new professor tomorrow, and apparently a new syllabus along with it. I am hoping for something easier.

I broke out my crown again yesterday. I had to get up and be at the dentist at 8:00 this morning to get a new one glued in. The dentist I have down here is unbeatable. He has glued in this tooth for free twice now. He could charge me like $40 each time, and he does it for free! I recieved teeth whitening trays today, and hope to have blindingly white teeth with a brand new crown by the end of February.

There is a possibility That Boy will come this weekend. I won't say any more about it because I am not supposed to get excited. So....I....AM.....NOT......EXCITED (exceptitisallIcanthinkabout).

I started working at catering again. I haven't told my Mom yet. Maybe she will read this blog and find out. I don't know why I thought that was a good idea. My parents have just done a good job of instilling a sense of pride that comes with working, and when I am not working I crave that feeling of accomplishment. I haven't even worked one shift yet, but I know it is going to be about 500 times better than Magleby's. I can't wait to have some good times in the dish room with all of my handicapped friends again!

My movie for the 24-hour marathon is screening tomorrow night. I can't wait to hear the audience reaction and see what others came up with.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Please don't drown! Just think of it this way... as long as you pass your classes, everything will be all right. And ten years from now it will not matter what grade you got in your Shakespear class. That is the way I have tried to look at it and it really helps, I promise!! I'll come see you guys really soon!

 
Who links to me?