Saturday, July 10, 2004

Cartoons Galore

This morning I am watching Danny Phantom, I am on my third episode all ready. A big shoutout to Lizzie for clueing me into this show. I am a huge fan of cartoons, although I dont get to see them often because my mom hates them. I will admit that there is a large assortment of very stupid cartoons. The Wiggles comes to mind. I would seek divorce if my husband ever became something like a Wiggle-man. My cousin Tanaya just eats their shows up, and they fill huge theatres with parents and little kids, so their must be something appealing about them.
Here is a list of the cartoons I love
1-The Fairly Odd Parents-Awesome cartoon about a kid who has fairy God parents, and of course must hide their existence from everyone around him. The great thing about this show is that he has some rules about how his wishes work. The rules are basically what keeps the show entertaining, I especially enjoyed the episode in which his evil babysitter kidnapped a popstar, and he couldnt just wish him free because it would have messed with true love. Check it out, you will love it too. On Tuesday night it runs from 1:00 to 4:30 Eastern Time. Set your Tivo.
2-The Wild Thornberry's-Eliza can talk to animals, and doing so puts her into all kinds of crazy situations. She, of course, does not tell her parents about this. What is it with cartoons and this "dont tell your parents theme". Are they secretly trying to tell kids something?
3-Sailor Moon-I am not a fan of Japanime. You would think I would be since I love DDR so much, but its just not really my thing. Especially that psycho movie that everyone raves about Spirited Away. But their is something very appealing to me about Sailormoon. Its probably the hair.
4-Care Bears-I grew up on these cartoons, they used to play them every once in awhile on Nickelodeon, sadly that time has passed me by, and now the only time I get to see them is when I go visit my Grandma Lu. She always had the best cartoons, and she would tape them so we could watch them over and over.
5-Rainbow Brite-Another cartoon that I loved to watch at my Grandma's house. She had a horse name Starlite, a white-sprite friend named Twink, and she was out to save Rainbow Land from evil forces. Of course it was an awesoome cartoon. I think I would still watch this now. I am going to my Grandma's tonight, I think I am going to see if I can dig that up and revel in the past.
6-Gummi Bears-Sadly there is not a very good website about these guys. Dressed in medieval costumes, they were out to defeat the bad guys. They did this by drinking gummi juice and bouncing around alot. So it isnt the greatest story line in the world, but I still love it!

I just found a great site, all about 80's cartoons. Check it out, it was fun to reminisce about my wonderful childhood.

Website of the Day-I am sure just about everyone has heard about it but I want to make sure. If you don't know about IMDB, get yourself on over there. It has everything that you could ever want to know about any movie. I would reccomend checking out the quotes section of movies that you love. There are also discussion boards about just about every movie ever made, ratings, celebrity listings, and on and on and on. Just go there. Right now.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?