Monday, July 19, 2004

Up and Running

Thanks again to J. Francis for all of his help in getting things looking right. I don't understand what is going on, but my site will look fine, and then I will log back on and things will be messed up again. Hopefully Blogger will reply to my requests and help me figure this out.
 
In the Peculiar Posting of the day, Florida teens have been hanging themselves from hooks on the beach.  The U.S. Coast Guard found, and I quote, "They found that five young people had erected a bamboo tripod and hung meat hooks from it. A young woman, her feet brushing the surface of the shallow water, dangled from the frame, hooks embedded firmly in her shoulders." When I started to read this article, I thought maybe they were somehow attached to some rope, and hanging from the hooks, I was horrified to discover that they had implanted the hooks into themselves. I will never understand the masochistic tendencies that some people have.
 
The BYU Physical Education department is changing their name to the Exercise Science department in 2005. Being the shallow person that I am, I am very excited about this because I didnt really like the idea of saying that I was a physical education major for the rest of my life. That title just makes mes think of endless games of dodgeball and danish, tube socks, whistles, and being sweaty and gross afterwards. Now I can tell people that I am an Exercise Science major, which sounds very scientific and smart.
 
What terrible publicity for Southridge apartments. One boy actually said they had Toilet Water coming through the ceiling into their kitchen. "One time, we started bailing at 1 a.m.," Rawlings said. "[Water was] coming down through the light fixture. Electricity [was] coursing through water - toilet water." Good thing I dont have a contract there next semester.
 
Website of the day-Talk to Oliver the chatterbot.
 
Song of the Day-The Reason
Artist-Hoobastank
Tagline-Please don’t leave me, I love you so much, I’ll even do the last thing I want to do, change.
Sum it up in 50 words or less-He hurt her, and how he is looking for a second chance. Many marriages and relationships do not last because one or both partners are too selfish to sacrifice their faults. This man has realized his mistake, and he is willing to do anything to get her back.
Crazy fact- Hoobastank means absolutely nothing. Vocalist Doug Robb has said "You're going to ask me what it means. It doesn't mean anything. And it's really cool, it's one of those old high school inside-joke words that didn't really mean anything." Roub Bourdon of Linkin Park attended the same high school as the members of Hoobastank.
Rating-10 out of 10. I love this song.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?